Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Little Experimentation

I'm already feeling the effects of class and work in my huge lack of time! Even now, this is just a fast post before I have to go to work in a half hour (update: I didn't actually get this finished before I had to leave). But I wanted to share something I'm working on that I think could be a little of a new direction for me artistically.


I don't have a title for it; this was literally just an exercise ~ put on some music, grab some of my old photos and make something new out of them. It was truly therapeutic. Just an hour to myself in the morning with some tea and sunshine at the dining room table. 

I want to become a better narrator and go beyond the past year and a half of work I've been doing. I don't want my characters to become limited by my own world. I want to make them homes that are theirs. I'm really enjoying using my old work to practice on and shifting my work habits toward a more organic and less rigid flow, both in terms of my thought process and how I actually put a piece's component parts together. I like the experience of evolution, even as little as it may be. 

I think I'm beginning to feel more positive, truly and at last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment