Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Red:Mulder

Over the summer, I moved into a new house by myself, and it's hopelessly empty. I feel it barely looks like the person who lives here is me -- so, I've started a certain project, that will take a lot of saving and time to finish. One of the rooms in my house looks very different than the others. It has dark wooden walls, and a lighter wood floor. It also has a separate door to the outside, an enormous closet, and four windows. Up until now, it's just been my dog's room, really. My TV is in there, but barely anything else.

Two of my favorite TV shows are Twin Peaks (1990-1991) and The X-Files (1993-2002). They've both influenced a lot of my art and they are the kinds of shows that I can watch over and over, always finding something new to appreciate. Since this lonely room of mine is begging for use, I've decided to dedicate it to my favorite shows and films, with the theme in mind being Red:Mulder. I just  got two windows worth of curtains hanging today ~ here is the beginning of its rebirth (with a great cameo from my lovely dog):


To give a sort of preview of the complete idea, each window will be dressed with floor-length red curtains, the furniture I hope to acquire in the future will be re-painted in black and white zigzags. And the walls will showcase my love of the X-files (I have unopened Mulder and Scully dolls, an I Want To Believe poster, etc). The goal is to basically create Agent Mulder's basement office as if it existed on the same plane as David Lynch's Red Room. 


Stay tuned for updates as I continue the hopefully-quicker-than-I-imagine upgrade of this forgotten space at the end of my house. The truth is out there, but sometimes my arms bend back. 


3 comments:

  1. I miss the X-Files so much!! I want to re-watch the entire series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole series is on Netflix; do it!! (the movies aren't though, but they aren't essential..)

      Delete