Sunday, April 7, 2013

G r a t i t u d e + S u n d a y

In my continued effort to be more positive and work toward self improvement, I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude Sunday. In her words: "Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes."

It has been very rough, but,
this week, I am grateful for:

* -- the weather warming a little. I am definitely a cold weather fan, but having it a bit warmer makes it easier to spend more time outside with my new plants. I want to do everything right by them. Even though it's just a slowly-growing collection of containers on my deck, I still want it to be a real garden.

* -- the last Friday exam for my hematology class. It's a huge relief to not have to worry about weekly tests, so I can devote more time to the other schoolwork I have to do.

* -- spending time with my friend Lauren. I did a house cleansing for her new place on Wednesday. Getting to share some chanting and energy work with a friend was great for me. More motivation to become active and involved once again.

* -- spending time with a Sphynx cat at Lauren's new house! One of her roommates owns him. They are one of my favorite cat breeds, and he was a classic Sphynx. They're so much fun.

* -- my church, always, and my Priestess. There is a new law that was just passed in Kentucky, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. I'm very apprehensive about what may happen in the future, especially because the wording of this law is so vague. Lawmakers overturned Gov. Beshear's veto of it, unfortunately. My favorite Pagan blog, the Wild Hunt covered this story, and the Priestess of my church (also a great friend), spoke about her reaction to it. I'm grateful to have a strong role model like her and that she is such a positive voice for us in the community. She's so inspiring to me.

* -- finishing advisement for my last semester as an undergrad. I thought I'd never get here. Registration for those last classes is on Monday. I'll be doing some TA'ing next semester which I'm looking forward to.

* -- Sean being my Accountabilibuddy. We have similar goals (and similar mindsets). If I have him to answer to for my successes, and mistakes, it's going to help keep me focused on taking myself back. He understands well how easy it is to sabotage yourself, and his advice during our conversation yesterday was really helpful. "Carve out the useless stuff, and find inside the best version of yourself." That's the affirmation I'm going to be reflecting upon for the coming weeks.

1 comment: