Sunday, March 3, 2013

G r a t i t u d e + S u n d a y

In my continued effort to be more positive and work toward self improvement, I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude Sunday. In her words: "Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes."

This week, I am grateful for:

* -- a lack of exams (only one)! It was nice to get a break from constant studying.

* -- my procrastination for shaving my dog. I never would have expected it to snow in March in Kentucky, and he would have been cold.

* -- not having to drive to my necropsy lab tomorrow. It's nice knowing that tonight when I go to sleep, I won't have to wake up prepared for another hour and a half drive first thing in the morning.

* -- Clint surprising me with coffee and another rose this morning. He knows exactly where to put it: in the vase with the dried roses, my slowly growing bouquet.

* -- my professor helping me with professional connections. Maybe securing an internship in the north won't be as hard as I originally thought.

* -- the sun today. The light is beautiful and strong, giving it the perfect feeling of chilled air with heat from above. It's some of my favorite winter weather.

* -- the weather remaining colder. Normally it starts to heat up a lot around this time and the bugs and wasps begin coming out. I'm glad that there's a little bit of a delay!

* -- my gardening friends. They've made a lot of great suggestions and recommendations. They're helping me be more confident about starting a container herb garden on my deck.

* -- my dad's party mix recipe! I made it for the first time yesterday and now I have a snack that will last for weeks and reminds me of home.

* -- the presents my mom always finds. For Christmas, she gave me some wonderful locally-made soap, bath salts, and lotion. I love using them each day.

* -- my pets. They keep me warm at night, especially Loki crawling under the covers. It's still a little cold in my house.

* -- being introduced to Balance Yoga Studio. They have a broader schedule so it helps me to find more time during the week to set aside for my practice. They are also cheap!

* -- my student discount at Orsheln! They're a local farm supply store that carries my preferred dog and cat foods, and now I know that I can save a little more money on them.

* -- Pinterest. I know it sounds lame, it's just a website. But since I've started really applying ideas I find on it to my own life, I'm seeing lots of little improvements.

* -- the birds. There are tons of fat robins and cardinals all over my yard and I love watching them. I just got them a new bird feeder too; maybe next week I will be grateful if the squirrels have left it alone!


2 comments: