Sunday, March 10, 2013

G r a t i t u d e + S u n d a y

In my continued effort to be more positive and work toward self improvement, I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude Sunday. In her words: "Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes."

This week, I am grateful for:

* -- Spring coming. I just ordered some bleeding hearts bulbs from my professor. I'm excited to watch them grow and bring some beauty to my lonely deck.

* -- my conversation with one of the lab techs at Breathitt (the regional diagnostic veterinary lab). She gave me the advice that I should get a master's degree in microbiology or virology, and because of that, I've started communications with people who can help me learn more. I never thought originally that this is a direction I would take.

* -- my best friend, Sean. We are finally going to write a comic together. He helps my insanity stay strong.

* -- coffee, and that my body hasn't been getting too jittery with the caffeine (sometimes I just can't have any). I don't think I'd be able to get through the Breathitt program without it.

* -- that I had work off yesterday. It was unexpected, so I wasn't able to go to my church's annual meeting, but I did get to do Margarita Saturday with some friends (not grateful for the hangover, however). The time off also allowed me to try a 'photo an hour' project, which will probably be tomorrow's post.

* -- the temperature warming up outside. Although I love the cold, my electric bill is killing me each month. I can't wait to see that number lower...

* -- Clint helping me spray paint some old towel racks I had. I'm hanging one in the kitchen to save counter space (for towels, spices, etc.) and with his help, I don't have to get anything new, so I ended up only spending $1 on spray paint.

* -- getting a little more time to read this week, since I had less exams. My dad gave me the book Cloud Atlas, and the extra time allowed me to really dive in it. I love it so far.

* -- work finally changing my schedule and giving me the time off each week that I asked for back in January. I wanted some days off in the middle of the week so I'll have more time for homework and studying. It's taken them over two months to respond to my request, but at least it's getting done now.

* -- myself. I really made some time this week just for me, to relax in the bath and wind down my stress. I definitely need to do more of that.

* -- NPR. I love it so much, especially Science Friday. I wish I had more time to listen to it, but I usually have class during all my favorite programs. Last Friday, however, I got to hear part of this segment about bees and caffeine. I want to finish listening to it soon.

* -- the birds coming to my bird feeder! The update from last week is that yes, the squirrels are eating the crap out of my birdseed, but at least the feeder is heavy enough that they can't pull it down and it isn't getting damaged. I am going to look at squirrel-proof feeders next week and see if I can get another one hung that will only serve the birds. I love watching and identifying all the types I'm seeing in my yard now.

* -- my kitty falling asleep like this, because life needs cute or what's the point?:


3 comments:

  1. NPR! yes! and time to yourself, so important. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. I am thankful for coffee as well lol. I'm an addict. Your cat is freaking adorable! Looks like you have a lot in your life to be thankful for my friend.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the time, it doesn't feel like I do, but that's why I like this exercise. It forces me to be positive, which slowly makes me more positive naturally and on my own..

      Delete